Seeking a caring individual that can locate substantive employment for an individual with high functioning autism. Unfortunately, the traditional 'service' model (Area Agency / Vocational Rehabilitation) has not been capable of results.
Jobs Search -
* Mingle with employment stakeholders (owners, community leaders, upper level management, etc.) to locate an employer that will be able to mentor and employ client.
* Locate employment using personal connections, colleagues, community leaders, associates, etc. Provide the "missing link" to employment.
* Not focus on disability, as at this point - disability is not the sole issue that is preventing the client from accessing employment.
* Locate employer that is not going to judge based on resume / work history or education level.
* Locate an employer than can offer on the job training, living wage with health care so that client can function as an employable adult, not as a disabled person.
* Client is not looking for therapists, case workers or other individuals with " clinical boundaries ".
Seeking a person with a background (such as a business owner, etc.) in business that has the ability to mentor. Therapists, case workers, and program directors are not of interest.
=>Engage with Stakeholders in both the Private Sector and Government to raise awareness pertaining to the limitations of the current service model
=>Engage with employers directly to raise awareness of a growing segment of society that is capable of employment, however; does not have access to it.
=>Raise awareness of the client, as well as those such as the client
=>Locate and engage with charities to reduce or eliminate dependence on government disability-centric poverty supports which have not and currently do not afford client to move forward
About the Client:
39 years old, college student (GPA >3.5), 25 year history of VR inaction, currently a client of Gateways. Client is "stuck in the system". Enjoys technology, home theater, DMX stage lighting, computers. Seeks a career with a pathway to independence and seeks to engage with employers that would like to help and invest in strengths, as opposed to focus on deficit, resume or pedigree. "High Functioning", high IQ.
Compensation: Currently the Area Agency is not providing funding, nor is Vocational Rehabilitation. As such, the client himself is seeking assistance directly. Person would be providing gratis services, until agencies fund the client.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers