The Psychiatry Department at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) is seeking healthy male adults for a research study of how reward affects the brain.
What we would ask you to do:
- Come to DHMC for four visits
- Answer questions about yourself, your health, and history of any emotional disorders you may have had.
- Complete written and oral tests designed to assess how you think.
- Undergo two magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of your brain.
Basic criteria for participation:
- Men 18-55 years of age
- No history of neurological disorder (e.g., head trauma, seizure, stroke)
- No history of psychiatric disorder (e.g., major depression, panic attacks)
- No history of alcohol or drug abuse
- No current tobacco or nicotine use
- Good physical health
Scans and assessments that are part of the study are provided at no cost.
Participants will receive payment for their participation in this study.