If you are a current smoker and identify as Transgender, Agender, Gender-Nonconforming, Genderqueer, or any other gender identity that is different from the sex you were assigned at birth, you may be eligible for a study using Facebook or Instagram to describe your smoking experiences on a daily basis. We are interested in recruiting participants with a range of life experiences and backgrounds, across a range of age.
QR Code Link to This Post
You must be 18 years or older and English-speaking to participate in this study.
Your participation in this study would consist of:
• Having a phone call with our research assistant to provide you with more information about the study and to determine eligibility.
• Completing in-person training in Boston and an initial survey.
• Posting pictures related to smoking in a private Facebook group or to an Instagram account for a period of 21 days.
• Answering daily polls on the Facebook or Instagram group.
• Completing a brief posttest.
• Completing 2 focus groups in Boston to discuss the images shared and your thoughts immediately after the 21 days data collection.
• Completing 1 focus group in Boston to discuss the overall findings of researchers.
You could earn up to $300 over the course of 12 months for completing the study.
If you would like to participate or obtain more information, please contact the research team at:
Phone (calls): show contact info
Or send us an email.