dogs are OK - wooof cottage/cabin no laundry on site off-street parking private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
For rent by the month, season, or beyond.
(Photos shown are obsolete. Construction to be finished mid October)
16'x16' Cabin Tent (Military issue) on a wooden platform, situated on a mountain side, over a root cellar.
Off-grid setup with a 200 watt Solar power system & 2000 watt A/C inverter (capable of running 1 or 2 small electronics/appliances/TV), Lamps and light fixtures converted to 12V LED , propane Fridge, propane hot water heater, propane furnace, wood stove, composting toilet, small kitchen with sink, and claw-foot tub/shower. Furnished with Sofa, Futon, and Recliner chair. Water from dug well, or rain-water collection system.
You will need a 4WD or AWD vehicle in the winter. An ATV or snow machine is recommended.
There is room to build a garden. South-West facing view for amazing Sunsets.
$550/month + security deposit (Your only utility will be Propane. You will need buy [or help make] firewood).
Please respond with a little bit about yourself, your experience with off-grid and intented time of stay. Also include a phone number to contact you.
The land is ideal for perma-culture gardening. There are several springs, season water flow and a year round brook.
Perfect for Artists, Writers, mountain bikers, homesteaders, and White Mountains recreation enthusiasts, or someone working in the area. Options available for long term and short term guests.
The land is ~30 acres, just off Route 302 in Lisbon NH. It is situated just 5 miles from I93 - exit 42, just beyond the Littleton/Lisbon town line. There are many multi-use trails on the property, with a direct connection to Trail 105, with access to the Ammonoosuc Recreation Trail on Corridor 5. There is a year round stream on the land as well as several springs. The stream feeds into the Ammonoosuc River nearby, which we can hear moving water. There is an abundance of wildlife to be seen all around the land. There are views of mountains in Vermont to the west, and the Presidential mountain range to the east. The night sky is free from light pollution, giving excellent viewing. There are an abundance of fishing and outdoor recreation points in the area. Check out the map.
Nearby Services/Shopping Include:
- Shaws Grocery Store
- Walmart, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Lowes, TJ Maxx, Dollar General
- 99 Restaurant, Applebees, B.K. PizzaHut
- Baliwicks, Grille 111, Topic of the Town, Littleton Diner, The Little Grille, Schilling Beer Co, and many more
- Town Fair Tire, Lahout's Sporting and Outdoors, League of NH Craftsman
Nearby attractions are:
- Historic Littleton NH is 6 miles away, with a 2 screen Movie Theatre and the world famous Chutter's Candy store. Littleton is the North Country mecca for quaint stores, boutiques and small town feel.
- Franconia Notch is 20 minutes via 1 of 3 scenic routes
- We are 30 +/- minutes to the White Mountain National Forest just to the east
- The Kancamagus Highway (Route 112) is a popular recreational area about 30 scenic miuntes away
- Within walking distance, there is the Evergreen Fitness complex that has a pool, tennis courts, Weight gym, group and aerobics classes, Cross-fit classes, and an indoor rock climbing gym. We have details on memberships/day passes.
If this Post is up, the site is available. Please include some detail about yourself, and a contact number. I will not respond to "Is this still available?"
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers