QR Code Link to This Post
Lebanon Center has a unique opportunity for people interested in the healthcare field! Join our center as a full-time Unit Assistant and selected candidates will attend an in-house LNA course at NO COST to you! You will be a valued full-time team member before, during and after your LNA program, eligible for all Genesis Healthcare benefits.
When you successfully earn your LNA, you will also be eligible for a $1,000.00 sign on bonus!!!
The Unit Assistant works under the direction of the licensed nurse and assists the nursing staff in providing nonpatient care activities while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she will perform various nonpatient care activities and related non-professional services essential to caring for the needs and comfort of patients.
- Manages patient personal belongings;
- Ensure water pitchers are changed regularly;
- Makes unoccupied beds;
- Partners with the caregiving team to assist in gathering supplies for care and assuring efficient care delivery.
- Ensures patients are ready for scheduled rehab therapy and transports patients to rehab area;
- Notifies licensed nurse if patient identification is missing;
- Assist with the dining program as assigned. Assists with feeding patients in accordance with the Feeding Assistant Program once successfully completed. Provides additional nourishment and hydration per patient care plans;
- Records patient's oral intake and output;
- Uses Point Click Care (PCC -- ADL POC) according to the Business Processes, if applicable;
- Answers call light or bell promptly, delivers messages, cleans areas of spillage or accidents;
- Uses Standard precautions when entering rooms for all residents. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated;
- Participates in the orientation of new Unit Assistants;
- Reports changes in patient's condition, patient/family concerns or complaints to charge nurse and/or supervisor;
- Collects and bags soiled linen and delivers to dirty linen area;
- Obtains clean linens and supplies from supply areas, cleans utility rooms, kitchen areas and all other nursing areas, as assigned;
- Cleans patient equipment as assigned;
- Transfers patient's belongings and equipment as directed;
- Assists with patient discharge as requested;
- Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
- Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individual's needs, choices and preferences;
- Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients and families;
- Participates in quality improvement activities as requested;
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
- Performs other duties as requested.
- A minimum of high school education or high school equivalency diploma is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer use or willingness to learn preferred.
- This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
- Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.