The Farnum Center is a comprehensive alcohol and other drug treatment facility offering an array of services including the State’s only stand-alone medical detox unit and Inpatient Services.
QR Code Link to This Post
Responsibilities in this role include:
• Assist in the preparation of and serve all lunch and dinner meals to clients on all shifts, adhering to the established menu plan.
• Coordinate special diet needs with the facility nurse and/or dietician.
• Share in the responsibility for all food sanitation (dishes, pots and pans, floors, tables, kitchen utensils, ovens, grill, slicer, etc.).
• Share in the responsibility for all trash removal to the dumpster including but not limited to breaking down boxes and removal of food waste.
• Adhere to a Safety/Risk Management Program.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a cook at a camp, school, residential program or food service establishment
• Current ServSafe or other Food Safety Training certification (or ability to attain)
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week) Friday – Monday, plus an additional weekday (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday). The hours are 10:30am-7pm.
Easterseals provides a paid orientation and training program. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, matching retirement, life insurance, discounted child care, federal student loan forgiveness eligibility, student loan repayment (certain qualifying positions), 75% tuition reimbursement, as well as ongoing professional development with room for growth. We are committed to providing a culture of wellness for our employees that offers a tobacco free environment, wellness education, and fitness opportunities.