condition: fair cylinders: 6 cylinders drive: 4wd fuel: gas odometer: 267969 paint color: purple title status: clean transmission: automatic type: SUV
QR Code Link to This Post
I have for sale a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. Currently has 267,000 miles. Has been a reliable daily driver for me the past 10 years. Unfortunately I couldn’t get ahead of the rust, no longer have time to fix it so am selling it. It did take a sticker this past December but the rocker panels have degraded too far after that and I don’t have the time or need to fix them.
- Rusted rocker panels and rear wheel tubs, and a bit on the front passenger fender.
- Front passenger tire slowly loses air.
- Radiator has pinhole leak somewhere along the bottom.
- Muffler and tailpipe have been removed for another project.
- Oil leak from the oil filter adapter, o-ring.
- 4x4 works but makes some binding, knocking sound. May need a new ujoint or the transfercase chain may be stretched and needs replacing.
- Starts and runs great.
- New exhaust (downpipe/cat) with an after marked exhaust header.
- Thermostat and water pump recently replaced.
- New battery and starter as of last year.
- Front wheel bearing and hub assembly replaced for inspection, along with rear pinion seal.
- No rust on the frame rails or anything structural. Most of it is cosmetic.
- Transmission and engine are still going strong.
As mentioned, I’ve driven this Jeep daily for 10 years. There’s not a whole lot going on with it I don’t know about. I’m selling it now as a parts Jeep or a woods/project Jeep. It’s priced to sell at $500 which I believe is fair for a donor Jeep or project vehicle.
Title is clean, will sell with bill of sale. I may still have the actual title somewhere.
Contact by Craigslist email. Leave your info so I can contact back.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers