Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Systems Engineer needed in Portland, ME (Portland)
compensation: $50-$55k/yr + Benefits
Provision, install, test, maintain and repair a variety of complex and normal systems, applications and networking infrastructure relating to Cloud and clients' infrastructures. This position may include performing any and or/all of the job functions listed below as well as other tasks assigned by a Manager. Interfacing with clients and other work groups required. Must be a part of an on-call rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
· Participate as an engineering team member responsible for multi-client Private/Hybrid Cloud infrastructure and clients' on-premises systems.
· Provision new clients' Cloud resources and on-premises systems in accordance with their respective Statement of Work.
· Collaborate with new clients to complete onboarding and migration tasks in a timely and least-disruptive-as-practicable manner in accordance with the clients' respective Statements of Work.
· Complete other tasks related to onboarding of new clients, including planned and unanticipated Change Orders.
· Perform and track routine maintenance tasks, such as patch upgrades, log file and monitoring system reviews.
· Proactively advise the Director of Technology Operations as to anticipated events that may adversely impact clients' systems' performance, especially in the case of enhanced risk to data or security (e.g. disk drive close to capacity, suspicious log file activity).
· As directed and authorized, perform life cycle events such as hardware and software upgrades, application platform migrations, deprovisioning and similar.
· Collaborate well with clients, coworkers and vendors.
· Possesses excellent interpersonal and effective written and verbal communication skills
· Must have a valid driver's license
· Perform special projects as needed*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to understand and comprehend technical concepts and functions with minimal Manager interaction. Knowledge of IP-based networks required.
· Must have experience installing, configuring and patching servers, desktops, laptops, computer network equipment, including routers, switches, and firewalls required.
· Skill in server virtualization software required.
· Skill in server virtualization hardware (e.g. HP iLO, Dell DRAC, stacked switches, failover firewalls, 10Gb networking) a strong plus.
· Skill in Zimbra a strong plus.
· Experience working for a company subject to a SOC 2 Type II audit and/or Federal/State operational regulations (e.g. financial services, medical) a strong plus.
· Experience working for a company adhering to ITIL or similar business practices a strong plus.
· Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
· Ability to multitask several projects simultaneously in an environment of shifting priorities.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail.
· Ability to evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment.
· Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
· Ability to effectively function as a team player.
· Ability to organize and manage projects.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma (college degree preferred) as well as experience covering virtualization, data, and IP. At least five years' field experience in those disciplines required.
For consideration please email your résumé
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers