Junior Counselors (Seasonal) (YMCA of Greater Manchester)
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
• A minimum of 2 years experience working with youth
• A minimum of 2 years experience in at an overnight camp
• Must hold or be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification
• Must be willing to live on site for 9 weeks.
Successful candidates will show expertise in the following core competencies:
• Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance.
• Communication: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
• Decision Making. Integrates logic, intuition and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
Basic Job Expectations:
• Serve as a cabin counselor for 8 to 10 campers with the assistance of the Senior Counselor
• Work as part of the Sports field, Waterfront or Hobbies staff
• Ensure campers are learning how to make good decisions, put others first, make friends, build confidence and practice the core values of the YMCA
Other information: This position is at an all boys' overnight camp. Employee is expected to live on site for 9 weeks beginning June 15th 2014. Pay range is $1170 to $1350 for the 9 week summer, plus room and board.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers