Camp Program Director (Camp Winnebago)
Camp Winnebago is one of Maine's oldest and finest summer camps. Located amid the pines of central Maine along the shores of pristine Echo Lake, Winnebago is gearing up to celebrate its 94th consecutive summer. This year, 150 boys from 6 countries and 21 states, will come to camp. Winnebago is a place where the word failure is never used. Everyone, including the counselors, is encouraged to participate in the wide variety of activities that camp offers. Success is determined relative to the individual and no matter the level that one achieves, the effort is recognized
Job Description: The PD is one of five senior staff members at Camp Winnebago. They are responsible for the training, coordination and oversight of a team of seven athletic counselors that coach, referee and instruct in a variety of sports.
• The PD will also teach athletic periods and is the role model in establishing a healthy sense of competition while keeping fair play, sportsmanship and teamwork as paramount.
• The PD is responsible for the athletic equipment and care of the fields and ensuring everything related to athletics is safe and in good working condition.
• The PD is responsible for creating a daily athletic schedule that includes assigning staff to activities while ensuring that each age group receives a good balance of athletics throughout the summer.
• Athletics Team Leader- The PD is responsible for building a close-knit team atmosphere amongst the athletics staff so that the staff feels comfortable taking and giving feedback on their performance.
• General Administration -- The PD is a member of the camp's administrative team. They work in close contact with the other Senior Staff to insure that all logistics for the camp program is covered.
Posting ID: 4119881802